bidding tenant improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have my first real comercial tenant improvement bid coming up. the store is in a mall in southern ca. it is 4,000 sq ft. 2200 watts total lighting and some wire mold w/outlets. it will contain 36-20 amp bolt in breakers, it is a 3 phase 120/208 system. I have only my residential estimating experience with plenty of commercial o.j.t. (I know, bad combination!). I want to get this project but am scared of under bidding. I know i can handle the work and hiring help.any tips for estimating this job? what are they going for?

wireguru

is it a strip mall or actual shopping center? be careful of additional costs due to having to work off hours and having a 1/4 mile hike from the space to your truck, stringent insurance requirements, things of that nature.

its in an indoor mall, you know, like the kind with a macys, nordstroms, jc pennys , with all the vendors in between, escalators elevators and yes very far parking, jeese where do i start on this thing. is it over pricing estimating at $65 per man hour?

Article 90.1

Pay attention to the fire ratings of any party walls that you might have to cut devices into. Some malls, strip, or otherwise have cheap construction where the walls are only rated two hours; 5/8" rock, rotten cotton, 5/8" rock. Whereas others have 5/8" rock, rotten cotton, 5/8" rock, rotten cotton, 5/8" rock; so it is like two 2 hour rated walls back to back. Believe me those 7"x7" putty pads you will need if you reduce the fire rating can add up fast!

ksmith846

True there are many variables to consider when bidding TI's in The Mall, but whatever GC is awarded the job you can bet they carried an Electrical number lower than yours. Especially if you included all variables and quoted it correctly....!!!! Good Luck in your endeavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.