Main required?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WirenutNH

I am looking for some guidance. I have been asked to install a 200 amp service 120/208 3p. in a business condo/sub shop with multiple units all at street level, main electric room has meter bank with 200 amp meter breaker combos, I am not sure if I can run my feeder conduit to main lug panel or will a main be required. tenants do not have easy access to main electric room

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
408.36 would allow a MLO panel.
The access might be covered by the exception to 225.35

ksmith846

I am looking for some guidance. I have been asked to install a 200 amp service 120/208 3p. in a business condo/sub shop with multiple units all at street level, main electric room has meter bank with 200 amp meter breaker combos, I am not sure if I can run my feeder conduit to main lug panel or will a main be required.

MLO is a very typical set up. Even when the Main is Locked in the House Electrical Room. There is usually a Knox Box with a key in it for the Fire Department to gain access.

cadpoint

I hope you did your load calc's or the supplied drawings reflect everything proper.

I have a friend that still waiting for a 54 (or more) seat panel, he said it's hard to get everything into a 42 seat with a "resturant".

cadpoint

That's all right, alright I called for a circuit to be "landed" as well... Sinbad still gets a chuckle out of that one as well... :grin:

I guess I'm more symponitic than I Know...

WirenutNH

Thanks for the info, I will be using 2 seprate 200 amp socket/mains to feed 2-200 amp 42 cir panel boards. Thanks again for the info and suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.