Mike Holt's New Estimating DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Ruffner

Mike Holt is currently producing a new estimating book and DVD. Last month, I was fortunate enough to be asked by Mike to fly down to Florida for a few days for the filming of the DVD. Mike also invited six exceptional individuals that have a vast amount of experience and knowledge in the electrical estimating arena. Their backgrounds varied from estimators, to business owners, to estimating instructors. These six individuals are included in the video as a panel of experts. They all did a magnificent job responding to Mike?s questions and offering their unique perspectives to the viewers. The DVD will be of immense value to those that want to expand their knowledge and understanding of not only electrical estimating, but also of being an electrical contractor.

The reason for this post is not to promote Mike's product. (Even though I would highly recommend that you purchase it when it is released in the near future :)) All of the panelists are members of this forum. If you are one of the panelists, please get in touch with me. I just want to touch base and see what you thought of the whole experience. Either send me an IM or if you think other members might like to hear what it was like spending time with Mike during the filming of the DVD, just reply to this post. (I personally thought that it was an unbelievably cool experience.)

Rockyd

Occupation
Retired after 40 years as an electrician.
Way to go Bill :)! Will have to get the video when it comes out.

Bill Ruffner

Way to go Bill :)! Will have to get the video when it comes out.

Thanks Rockyd. I think you'll really like it.

I have his electrical estimating book. Do you know how the new one Will differ?

The book has been updated to reflect current information. It also has a new layout and includes additional content.

Just in time for the economy to turn around.
Hopefully it will differ from the book in format.

I actually get a lot of calls from people that are using this current slowdown to investigate various ways to improve their current methods of operation. I think that it's been a real eye opener for a lot of people. They realize that in order to compete in this tight market, they have to be on top of their game in every aspect. It really is serious business right now. Success can still be achieved but it takes the willingness to take an honest look at how we do things and the fortitude to find ways to do it better. In my opinion, those companies that are taking the extra effort to better themselves to survive this economy will be poised to achieve tremendous success when things pick up again.

The DVD does differ from the book. In the DVD, Mike goes over the contents of the book, chapter by chapter. While doing so, he discusses the issues with a panel of six estimating experts from around the country. This allows the viewer to hear the perspectives of people that are in various capacities within different areas of electrical contracting. I was really impressed with the whole process.

Hey Bill, I was eating dinner at Cracker Barrel when you guys were having a meeting right beside you guys. I wish I would have said hi now.

James! I can't believe that you were right next to us and didn't say hi. I would have loved to have met you. I was down there for a few days and we could have spent some time together. Actually, I might be going back down in a couple of months to produce another estimating DVD with Mike. This DVD will focus on computer estimating and will use TurboBid for the estimating software. I'll have to give you a call when I'm there.

arnettda

Mike Holt is currently producing a new estimating book and DVD. Last month, I was fortunate enough to be asked by Mike to fly down to Florida for a few days for the filming of the DVD. Mike also invited six exceptional individuals that have a vast amount of experience and knowledge in the electrical estimating arena. Their backgrounds varied from estimators, to business owners, to estimating instructors. These six individuals are included in the video as a panel of experts. They all did a magnificent job responding to Mike?s questions and offering their unique perspectives to the viewers. The DVD will be of immense value to those that want to expand their knowledge and understanding of not only electrical estimating, but also of being an electrical contractor.

The reason for this post is not to promote Mike's product. (Even though I would highly recommend that you purchase it when it is released in the near future :)) All of the panelists are members of this forum. If you are one of the panelists, please get in touch with me. I just want to touch base and see what you thought of the whole experience. Either send me an IM or if you think other members might like to hear what it was like spending time with Mike during the filming of the DVD, just reply to this post. (I personally thought that it was an unbelievably cool experience.)

When does the new book and DVD come out?

Status
Not open for further replies.