plastic raceway

Status
Not open for further replies.

j rae

Is plastic raceway allowed to be installed in a health care facility?? I checked and it is U.L. approved and also circuits can be ran in it. Anything in the code ????

OTT2

Is plastic raceway allowed to be installed in a health care facility?? I checked and it is U.L. approved and also circuits can be ran in it. Anything in the code ????

Check out 517.12 Wiring Methods Chapters 1 through 4 apply except as modified by article 517

Branch circuits in Patient Care Areas require an effective ground-fault current path by installation in a metal raceway system.... etc. 517.13(A)

Read Part II of article 517

raider1

Staff member
I agree with what the others have said,

If this is a patient care area then a plastic raceway would not be permitted due to the requirements in 517.13(A).

Chris

steve66

Occupation
Engineer
I agree for the branch circuits, but I don't see anything that would prevent running panel feeders in plastic.

Steve

OTT2

I agree for the branch circuits, but I don't see anything that would prevent running panel feeders in plastic.

Steve

If installing a feeder that is part of the Emergency System PVC may be allowed but may also require encasement in concrete. 517.30(C)(3) list those methods permitted and where encasement is required.

steve66

Occupation
Engineer
But that wasn't what you asked.

Well, it wasn't my question, Cowboy, but I didn't specifically see branch circuits in the original question, so I wasn't sure exactly what type of "circuits" we were talking about:)

So I just thought I would throw the feeder thing out and see if anyone else saw any issues with that. :)

cowboyjwc

Staff member
Well, it wasn't my question, Cowboy, but I didn't specifically see branch circuits in the original question, so I wasn't sure exactly what type of "circuits" we were talking about:)

So I just thought I would throw the feeder thing out and see if anyone else saw any issues with that. :)

Opps sorry thought you were the OP.:roll: In that case it was a fair question.:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.