Lightning Protection for Elevators!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys my companys been called into a complex whos new elevator system isnt working correctley and the complex was recentley struck by lightning. weve been asked to provide lightning/surge protection for the elevators. the only thing i can think of in doing this is to put a whole panel surge protector on the panel feeding the equipment? any ideas would be appriciated. thanks

Hameedulla-Ekhlas

Hey guys my companys been called into a complex whos new elevator system isnt working correctley and the complex was recentley struck by lightning. weve been asked to provide lightning/surge protection for the elevators. the only thing i can think of in doing this is to put a whole panel surge protector on the panel feeding the equipment? any ideas would be appriciated. thanks

you can find some information by reading below artical

See NEC-2008 page 963 artical 620.37(B) lightning protection

cadpoint

This is at the State level, I think you should get a State AHJ involved before any possible alteration is started here's a nice link to things in SC.

Here's two reason : SECTION 41-16-75. Special inspector prohibited from inspecting certain elevators. or
SECTION 41-16-80. Alteration permits. From the Web page...

Unless this is your cup of tea, that's fine; but I think they serving up a can of worms... Just standing in the street looking on ...

Status
Not open for further replies.