gould panel guts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe this to be more of a UL issue which in turn relates to code, but here is the issue. roughly 25 yr old 120/208 3 phase 4 wire gould panel has a lot of burned buss stabs I dont know if gould guts are still available for this change out. If not the guts now are just mounted in a 38 in x 20 in steel tub. See any reason I cant replace burnt guts with new SQ.D , ITE , SEIMANS ECT..... any help appriciated thanks jeremy

ceb58

I know Cutler Hammer makes buss kits just for this purpose. How the Listing on the cabinet is affected, I do not know.

I do not think that the cabinet would carry a listing. But, Eaton ( C-H) dose make replacement guts for panels. You will need to provide measurements of the can. They have to order them and from what I have heard they are not cheep but the extra cost may be made up in labor.

norcal

Is this a panelboard or a loadcenter? Gould sold ITE to Siemens so if it is a panelboard I would say contact a Siemens distributer. If it's a loadcenter then replace the whole thing.

220/221

Some will cite the UL thing but, if it's flush mounted with a bunch of conduits top/bottom/sides...I'd simply find a comparable size panel and swap the guts.

You might have to drill new holes to mount the cover but if the depth is the same, it's a pretty easy change.

If it's surface mounted just change the whole thing.....unless it looks like an EMT octupus.

Status
Not open for further replies.