Woo hoo! Passed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericsherman37

Hi,

I posted here as an apprentice for a few months quite a while ago, but I inexplicably stopped. I recently took and passed my Oregon Journeyman exam, so... yay me! Our apprenticeship program is desperate for instructors and so the Director begged me to sign on. I've always wanted to teach in some manner or another so I was happy to agree to do it, despite my "greenhorn" status :)

Just figured I'd drop by and say hi, because I will probably be in here quite often grilling you guys over various electrical topics that I need to brush up on while working on lesson plans and such.

Ah yes, I also followed my dear wife's lead and returned to college - currently (slowly but surely) advancing toward a B.S. in Electrical Engineering with a focus on Power Transmission/Distribution systems from Portland State University. Methinks I'm going to be a busy fellow.

Anyway, hi! I'm looking forward to engaging in electrical discourse and being thoroughly schooled! :)

P.S. I'm sure 480 has a picture for this.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Outstanding! :)

Outstanding! :)

hooray.jpg

xformer

Occupation
Master Electrician
Hi,

I posted here as an apprentice for a few months quite a while ago, but I inexplicably stopped. I recently took and passed my Oregon Journeyman exam, so... yay me! Our apprenticeship program is desperate for instructors and so the Director begged me to sign on. I've always wanted to teach in some manner or another so I was happy to agree to do it, despite my "greenhorn" status :)

Just figured I'd drop by and say hi, because I will probably be in here quite often grilling you guys over various electrical topics that I need to brush up on while working on lesson plans and such.

Ah yes, I also followed my dear wife's lead and returned to college - currently (slowly but surely) advancing toward a B.S. in Electrical Engineering with a focus on Power Transmission/Distribution systems from Portland State University. Methinks I'm going to be a busy fellow.

Anyway, hi! I'm looking forward to engaging in electrical discourse and being thoroughly schooled! :)

hello Sherman37,
I myself have been down the same road your on. I have been teaching for 3 years now and starting teaching just after I received my journeyman's license. There are some brilliant minds here at this forum. The more you teach the more you realize you dont know but dont let that discourage you...
Have a good one....

KP2

Congrats on the E-2

Welcome to teaching

And good luck with your B.S.

I've been an instructor for three years now and the Supervisor of my Dept. for 2.5. If I can help you out in anyway let me know.

And oddly enough, I start my long road to a B.S. as well in July.

I love teaching and that has inspired me to learn more.

We have a saying in the office, "The more I learn the less I know".

PM me anytime I'll see you around.

Kevin

Hameedulla-Ekhlas

Hi,

102784.gif

bi_congratulations_08_aug_14_162506.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.