Vandalized

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esthy

This house was vandalized, glad that I can install a j-box and bring the wires again to the sub-panel. I am checking because apparentely they cut the wires at each receptacle, but is this is the case I can raise them 8" from the original installation. The customers aked if I can pig tail the Arc fault breakers - they left about 1" 1/2 to 2" of the neutral conductor on each breaker, I am not confortable doing so, but I don't see any problem with that ... Does anyone?

DSC_0092panel.jpg

TOOL_5150

People are so stupid. Is this your job that was vandalized? I see no issue with pigtailing longer wires onto the AFCI breakers, as long as there is enough to do so.

~Matt

ericsherman37

Here in Oregon we have a new law that requires a certificate of some sort in order to haul/transport scrap metal. I don't know many details other than that, but I'm hesitant to take my pile of rabbit in the garage to the scrap yard for fear of getting a ticket.

And for that matter, do the pieces of Romex I have tying my ladder down to the work van count as scrap copper? What about the half-used roll of MC cable stuffed into a corner?

e57

Disgruntled employee? Ticked off someone at the job? Homeowner tick someone off?

Whomever did this got access to the house and had a mission - apparently not motivated by theft. And was obviously comfortable enough to chop into wiring at a panel and its feeder. If this were solely theft - they made enough noise cracking the rock to go much further with it.

As for splicing - not a problem unless the space at the panel is impinged.

masterinbama

The scrap yard I deal with made me register with them. Just business name address and tax number. But as an upside to that I get an Email from him when prices change or even when he sees an upswing coming. I made $600 2 weeks ago by waiting 2 days to sell my scrap.

Status
Not open for further replies.