Counterfiet Eaton/Cutler Hammer breakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceb58

Look out for these, most of them have been showing up on Ebay.

http://www.pearl1.org/downloads/Eaton-UL-Domestic-Suspect-Circuit-Breakers.pdf

Good info to watch out for. On a side note. I have bought things off of E-bay before but it has never entered into any equation to buy electrical supplies like breakers and panel boards from E-bay to use on any job. You may pay more at the supply house but at least when you walk out with the part there is some confidence in the quality of the part.

zog

Good info to watch out for. On a side note. I have bought things off of E-bay before but it has never entered into any equation to buy electrical supplies like breakers and panel boards from E-bay to use on any job. You may pay more at the supply house but at least when you walk out with the part there is some confidence in the quality of the part.

Agreed, tools and other supplies are one thing, protective devices you have no plans on testing before installation is another.

wireguru

interesting. havent seen that one before, where the breakers are genuine but have been relabeled. I would think Eaton could trace them to the source of the relabeled breakers. I wonder if it was a contract manufacturer doing it, or someone in the states.

zog

interesting. havent seen that one before, where the breakers are genuine but have been relabeled. I would think Eaton could trace them to the source of the relabeled breakers. I wonder if it was a contract manufacturer doing it, or someone in the states.

Being IEC breakers I doubt these are being re-labeled in the US, IEC breakers are not very common here.

This newest scam is to use a cheap breaker and re-label it as a higher AIC rated breaker, which about doubles it's value. With companies doing SC studies as part of thier arc flash studoes the need for upgrading to higher AIC ratings is becoming more and more common. Obviously thinking your breaker has an AIC of 100kA when it does not is a major safety issue. I will be meeting with C-H next week and discussing all counterfiet issues and I am sure this one will be addressed, I will see if I can get more details.

Status
Not open for further replies.