Attachment of 2 in. mast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like some input on a service I will be installing on a brick residence. I will be installing a 2 in. rigid mast on the brick wall of the house, my question is what would be the most secure method of attaching the straps to the brick, I was thinking lead lag anchors.

Article 90.1

I have used 7/8" strut in this situation to distribute the anchor load across multiple bricks. It depends on what the aesthetics need to be, though. I've used tapcons, with limited success in brick, where there was a significant load. I kind of like your lead anchor idea. I'm curious to see what everyone else comes up with.

satcom

I would like some input on a service I will be installing on a brick residence. I will be installing a 2 in. rigid mast on the brick wall of the house, my question is what would be the most secure method of attaching the straps to the brick, I was thinking lead lag anchors.
Is it a Mast or just a service conduit going up the brick wall? we use thru bolts on a mast installation, and plastic anchors, or steel expansion anchors in the joints, for a conduit install.

e57

Not much brick around here - but for the few times I've had to anchor to it - I go deep - brush and blow the hole and use anchor epoxy. A facillty I used to work in had all brick walls and wedge type anchors cracked them sometimes.

One-eyed Jack

If you are only using the anchors to hold conduit to wall any of the above will be fine. If you are going to attach a service drop to mast and it does not go thru the roof you may very well pull the veneer off the house.

220/221

1/4 inch hollow wall type lead anchors with the proper set-tool.

Crikey. 1/4" anchors on a service mast?

The POCO dictates the installation here and the point of attachment installs to the mast. We must use minimum 3/8" thru bolts/all thread to secure it to the building.

satcom

Crikey. 1/4" anchors on a service mast?

The POCO dictates the installation here and the point of attachment installs to the mast. We must use minimum 3/8" thru bolts/all thread to secure it to the building.

i wonder if the OP understands there is a difference between a Mast that supports the service drop, and service conduits that do not support the drop.

wawireguy

I don't use lead anchors on brick. Feel they have to much chance to crack the blocks up. They also don't hold firmly enough for me. If it is supporting the drop I would use 5/16" lag bolts and try to hit a stud. I would also consider using 5/16" toggle bolts, never tried those though. If it's not supporting the drop I'd probably use 1/4" or 5/16" wedge anchors or lag onto the sheathing.

I don't use lead anchors on brick. Feel they have to much chance to crack the blocks up. They also don't hold firmly enough for me. If it is supporting the drop I would use 5/16" lag bolts and try to hit a stud. I would also consider using 5/16" toggle bolts, never tried those though. If it's not supporting the drop I'd probably use 1/4" or 5/16" wedge anchors or lag onto the sheathing.

are you talking about drilling through the brick for a toggle bolt or lag? overkill?

satcom

If it is supporting the drop, he will have to use thru bolts, installed to exacting utility specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.