3-position yoke-mount wall switch -- exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cavie

Sure. Why can't it?

Wire 120VAC to the switch. From position 1 (on) wire to the lamp only. From position 2 (motion detect) wire to the motion detect unit which is connected to the lamp (same point as position 1). Do not connect anything to position 3 (off).

The cheapo's from Orange Box do that with a standard switch. Off is off. On is --motion controled. Flip the switch on-off-on and the light stays on. Turn sw off waite about one min and turn back on to put back in motion.

quinn77

If I were there I would not be concerned about the light, I would have heavy door and no windows. I wouldn't even have the light, because of the crooks no one will need to use the light except possibly crooks.

Friends of mine were going to visit their son in Huston and he told them to bring a second wallet with fake id and small amount of money in it. If someone wants to rob you just let them have it. I bet they don't say this in tourism brochures:D

Houston has become quite the paradise for thugs from Louisiana after Katrina...security has become a big money maker here. Weve all had to re think and re design the install of security lighting and systems. bulletproof fixtures, motion sensor cameras and of course the trusty firearm. ive actually installed an infrared motion switch that controlled a silent alarm to the master bedroom/living area...gave the homeowner those valuable seconds to unlock the shotgun:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.