Central Vac Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

laketime

I am bidding a central vac system in a new house and have no idea how long it takes to put one of these in. It is a 5400 sq ft house and the builder wants me to bid for (7) inlets (1) kitchen dust pan (1) garage utility inlet. All the inlets are electrified. There will be about 160' of tubing. Any ideas?

mcclary's electrical

I am bidding a central vac system in a new house and have no idea how long it takes to put one of these in. It is a 5400 sq ft house and the builder wants me to bid for (7) inlets (1) kitchen dust pan (1) garage utility inlet. All the inlets are electrified. There will be about 160' of tubing. Any ideas?

I've done a few, I could pipe it in a day. The units I offer cost from 300 to 700. You need a tool kit on each floor. Make sure the hose will reach all corners. I'm guessing this install at $2500

Last edited:

laketime

Yeah I got the cost for all the material and the tools. Came in at $1,450. Just was wondering labor hours. I was thinking 8hrs to rough it in. 8 hrs to install finish. How does that sound? Do you just pick up power from the nearest outlet or do you circuit the inlets separately?

mcclary's electrical

Yeah I got the cost for all the material and the tools. Came in at $1,450. Just was wondering labor hours. I was thinking 8hrs to rough it in. 8 hrs to install finish. How does that sound? Do you just pick up power from the nearest outlet or do you circuit the inlets separately?

Feed each one from the closest receptacle with a 2 wire cable, no ground. The unit gets it's own circuit

Yes, you can do it in that amount of time

Status
Not open for further replies.