one 750KCMIL cable to two smaller calbes

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingpb

Occupation
Engineer, Registered
I assumed that if the wire has to be sized for 125% of the FLA, the terminations had to have the same capacity.

Edit: I can't cite a code reference: It just never occured to me the lugs might be allowed to be less than the conductor ampacity.

Steve

The bus or copper behind the lugs will probably only be capable of the FLA of the machine, cost savings I'm sure, or as some would say, value engineering, which is a fancy way of saying cheaper (not necessarily equal or better);)

dahualin

The starter has a 600A circuit breaker. The vendor told us the 600A circuit breaker doesn't fit with standard 750KCMIL lugs. The available maximum lug is 600KCMIL. I am looking into 750KCMIL narrow type lug. The Tang Width of 750KCMIL narrow type lug is smaller than that of standard 500KCMIL lug. Do you guys think it works?

steve66

Occupation
Engineer
The starter has a 600A circuit breaker. The vendor told us the 600A circuit breaker doesn't fit with standard 750KCMIL lugs. The available maximum lug is 600KCMIL. I am looking into 750KCMIL narrow type lug. The Tang Width of 750KCMIL narrow type lug is smaller than that of standard 500KCMIL lug. Do you guys think it works?

It still seems like the reducing pins Kingpb mentioned might work if you can't get 750 KCM lugs.

Otherwise, you might be stuck splicing your 750's onto 2 smaller cables. These would be good for that:

http://www.polarisconnectors.com/37022_POLSAL_EXTRA_IPLDH.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.