3000 square feet bicycle shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceb58

I don't want to scare this potential customer away
He hasn't got any plans yet and I maybe the one
Making the electrical plans/sketch to submit to the city
I figured to guys 1 week me second week $35 80hr and
help $25 40hr.$3800.00 labor plus materials with 20% mark up.
He buys the lights. What do you guys think will I get the
job I'm just starting out. thought I would
just be hanging ceiling funs for awhile- guess not!
Thanks you guys R great

Not bashing, but in your area these are trunk slammer rates. Take the advise given. Sit down and figure your cost. Then decide what you need to make to take care of your self while adding to you business.

cschmid

The other issue is if he calls it design then he will need E&O coverage, which may be difficult to get with having plenty of experience and a professional engineers license, a lot of contractors saw design build on ads and thought they could just do it. layout a floor plan, or do some basic calcs, but not electrical design in the true sense.

this is an interesting area you bring up and I will have to refer to some legal references for this state. so if any of the licensed PE in this state would care to answer..in mean time I will check it out for nothing more then personal knowledge..

rob12013

Again I will say I fully appreciate you guys. I was in the inspections office today to get a permit because the computers were down and missed the chief electrical inspector to ask him what needs to happen for this bike shop to be wired I'm 99% sure the answer would be engineered city approved plans. actually I'm Licensed, liability coverage and have bonding and my truck is a s10
working on getting minimum premium so a GC will hire me and have my help covered I'm afraid health insurance is from wife. I'm exempt from needed work comp on my self here and I know that?s not good so I'm trying to figure how to cover myself

satcom

Here in NJ, our license does not give us the right to "design" especially commercial and industrial. Residential...there is some flexability. I would be carefull about how far you are going to go into the design aspect.....I would just stick to the installation. But hey, things might be different there with what you can do and can not do.;)

Yup, here in Jersey that is it, but every state is different.

satcom

Again I will say I fully appreciate you guys. I was in the inspections office today to get a permit because the computers were down and missed the chief electrical inspector to ask him what needs to happen for this bike shop to be wired I'm 99% sure the answer would be engineered city approved plans. actually I'm Licensed, liability coverage and have bonding and my truck is a s10
working on getting minimum premium so a GC will hire me and have my help covered I'm afraid health insurance is from wife. I'm exempt from needed work comp on my self here and I know that?s not good so I'm trying to figure how to cover myself

You may be exempt from comp by law, but who in their right mind is going to let someone work on their property with out comp coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.