practice problem question on attachment plugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkpyke

Question is: Attachment plugs are not required for light fixtures that are supplied using flexible cord and that are

A. are adjustable frequently
B. Rated less than 400 watts.
C.rated less that 250 watts
D. located over 8 feet above the floor.

From what I found in the 2008 book, was 410.62 which referred me to 604.6(C), neither section has anything listed that pertains to the answer, can someone shoot me in the right direction.

Volta

Question is: Attachment plugs are not required for light fixtures that are supplied using flexible cord and that are

A. are adjustable frequently
B. Rated less than 400 watts.
C.rated less that 250 watts
D. located over 8 feet above the floor.

From what I found in the 2008 book, was 410.62 which referred me to 604.6(C), neither section has anything listed that pertains to the answer, can someone shoot me in the right direction.

Jkpyke, welcome to the forum!

I think that you were right there, look again at both sub-sections of 410.62.

I think you are right on it :).

jkpyke

For some reason I want to go with the wattage rating, but it gives me no amp in the question. A doesn't seam right, I am left with D. Which I don't know if that would fall under C(1)

Volta

Thank you, I shouldn't read so far into the questions: Adjustable luminaire 410.62(B)

Exactly. Another two sections you might want to check out are 400.7 and 400.8. These tell you when you can use cord (not often), and when you specifically can't.

Knowing that it is used for flexibility in general helps pull the adjustable answer out as the one to go with.

Status
Not open for further replies.