28 Circuits in 20 circuit panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

electricmanscott

This Patio House is about 3,000 sqft. Gas water heater. With the On-Line calculator and the information I know I come up with ~95A load. Close but not over 100A.

I'm not surprised. Load calcs usually are lower than you might expect. In fact I bet an actual amp reading would be even lower.

In the case of this house, if I was the seller I'd be looking for the smallest amount of info that would be just enough to make the sale.

Jim W in Tampa

This Patio House is about 3,000 sqft. Gas water heater. With the On-Line calculator and the information I know I come up with ~95A load. Close but not over 100A.

Then if your sure your calc is correct and did not miss any loads I would tell them they need either a larger panel or a sub panel large enough for 28 LEGAL spaces. Is it safe now as is ,NO because it has unlisted breakers and being misused. If your not careful you are setting yourself up for law suit. State the facts on the bill. That way your not to blame for not fixing. Seller will be using your billing statement to back up his liability

Status
Not open for further replies.