Cabinet lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank_n

Customer wants a recessed light inside his kitchen cabinet with glass shelves. It needs to be line voltage and low profile because the cabinets do not go up to the ceiling. I was thinking of a fixture with a small 20w bulb. Does anyone know of anything?

Frank

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I saw some line voltage pucks lights at Lowes. Very cheap and 20 watts.

Just add a receptacle horizontally on top of the cabinet.

6940227010106lg.jpg

Last edited:

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I have used the little channels that have small bulbs in them for lighting glass-front cabinets. I mounted the channel vertically, to the sides of the door, in front of the shelf edges, facing the rear.

The customers love the soft, golden glow and the small profile. You might have to notch the fron corners of the shelves a bit if there's too little front-to-rear play in the shelves' fit in the cabinet.

Chamuit

Grumpy Old Man
Occupation
Electrician
I believe it is a 2-3/8" hole saw. We use peanut boxes for junction boxes to keep a low profile.

electricmanscott

Customer wants a recessed light inside his kitchen cabinet with glass shelves. It needs to be line voltage and low profile because the cabinets do not go up to the ceiling. I was thinking of a fixture with a small 20w bulb. Does anyone know of anything?

Frank

Why does it need to be line voltage?

How low profile?

Status
Not open for further replies.