First pool job

Status
Not open for further replies.

satcom

Bonding looks to be quite exstensive(680.26) any pointers. Thanks

Type of pool? The review books you get in CEU classes are great for checking your required grounding, the illustrations really speed things up

Last edited:

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
MIke has a good download avialble on his home page and you might want to spend some time in the threads here after a search of "pool bonding"

krisinjersey

Not as hard as you think.

Not as hard as you think.

Give me some more specifics on the pool and equipment and I'll point you in the right direction. I've done over 100 pools up here and most of them are monsters with multiple pumps, control systems, and lighting. This has really made itself my niche.

WinZip

Bonding looks to be quite exstensive(680.26) any pointers. Thanks

We have a few large gunnite pools starting soon an I am going to do my best to take pictures of the whole process from start to finish starting with the bonding of the steel grid to the completion of the pump room or pad.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Mike's download is a good start. Given the complexity of pool wiring I wondered if there's a book that explains pools with great detail. Seems like a valuable tool for both installers and inspectors. Just read somewhere that an inspector in NJ was requiring the installation of 4 ground rods for a built in pool as part of the equipotential bonding grid. :roll:

WinZip

Mike's download is a good start. Given the complexity of pool wiring I wondered if there's a book that explains pools with great detail. Seems like a valuable tool for both installers and inspectors. Just read somewhere that an inspector in NJ was requiring the installation of 4 ground rods for a built in pool as part of the equipotential bonding grid. :roll:

I have heard of that before Installing at each corner of the pool an also attached to the grid but we haven't run into that problem as of yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.