Web Site Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

czars

Czars
Occupation
Florida Certified Electrical Contractor
I need to update my web site and the way it's found by search engines. Can anyone suggest an organization that can provide both services??

cadpoint

No, recommendations on my part but since your already have a web page I feel it might be tricky. You can go back to the place that sold you the web site.
I'm frankly thinking a national not a regional concern or you could go to GoDaddy or Intuit, and for a small fee they will let you design a page(s) and go from there. The offer to build the site it seems is related to buying a web page, thus my point. Call their numbers and see what they can do for you. I frankly think this is the best way to go.

Now there is some inexpensive bundled software that is available for purchase or download that will also let you build and send out to your web page. Some people also use the software that just comes with their computer or add an additional software package void additional software you'd have to be a high end user, or it's one steep learning curve. JMO

You will not get something looking good for nothing, and in the end you will pay to get something over-all. The total cost minus your CPU time might be important and it might not.

I have a friend that hosts web sites and I hear all of the crazy stories of people not understanding how to present information and all the pitfalls of "get me a web page".
On his site he states that he created his web pages with "notepad", I can't argue that, but I don't think you want to go there either.

Good Luck!

cadpoint

Hedging on building it yourself! You don't need their services per say.

Here’s some other thoughts! Once your web page is built by or with either of the two firms (previous OP) say they will release after x-hours or a day, whatever. Once you know it’s released is to start opening up that page from your own web browser, not from linked-history but a fresh web-browser, then go to the top web engines and do the same thing.

If your hosting your web page (probably not) just type in the numbers if you know them. (this is the IP address not the verbal address) Then once you have done this add smarts to the Search engines is to start by searching Able County, Joe’s Electric, Joe’s Electric in your state, city, etc…

Point is most Robots looking for new data only hit each host site once a day, then you qualify it better to county or city, now granted, it seems that they’d pick up (the search engines) all available information in your web page, believe me, qualify anything special that your service does if that’s your forte, it has to be on that web page, then seek it out with a search engine; Joe’s Electric serving/repair, pumps, motors, Pool, or LV, etc.

Last edited:

ohmhead

Well yahoo has it so you pay .02 cents for a hit and they can place you in the top 50 of what your business is about if you have the cash to spend for that . Just ask Yahoo but its all about who goes to your site and how popular it is also.

You can change your search engine words everyday if you like find the ones that get the most hits .

krisinjersey

Diy

Diy

I bought a book at Barnes and Noble for $40 Built my own site on a rainy weekend and update it once a week, which takes about an hour. It's simple. By comparison, it took me 5 times as long to learn how to build a complete assembly in my estimating software. You don't need any weird or pricey software, just notepad. If you want to see what any web page looks like, just right click on the page and click view source. It looks like gibberish now but with a little reading, small changes to that source can make some really nice changes to your site.

Status
Not open for further replies.