bonding wire to a motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

insparks

This electrician does not know where he can bond this bonding lug to, maybe somebody could help me tell him where he can bond this motor.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
If this is for a swimming pool or a hot tub it should be bonded to the pool equipotential bonding system. I don't see a lug in the picture.

radiopet

If this is for a swimming pool or a hot tub it should be bonded to the pool equipotential bonding system. I don't see a lug in the picture.

It does not have a lug perse'...it is a loop over type lug and I believe you are correct in that it is for a pool or a spa installation. Zoom in on the picture you will see the bonding notice and the method of using the supplied loop over clamp.

insparks

It?s for a swimming pool. Now since they can?t make a connection between the swimming pool bonding grid and I don?t think they have an equipment grounding system for the premises can they connect to the equipment grounding conductor of the motor circuit?

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
It?s for a swimming pool. Now since they can?t make a connection between the swimming pool bonding grid and I don?t think they have an equipment grounding system for the premises can they connect to the equipment grounding conductor of the motor circuit?
No. The purpose of the lug is to connect the pump and allmetal parts of the pool so they are at the same potential. They do not get connected to anything electrical.

benaround

Why can't they make a connection to the pool bonding grid ?

At any rate, you need to get someone over there that knows what they are doing , the

wiring of pools is not a guessing game.

Strife

After reading the OP I thought this was a rhetorical question. After realizing you're serious I have the same advice others gave you: get a qualified electrician who knows.

This electrician does not know where he can bond this bonding lug to, maybe somebody could help me tell him where he can bond this motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.