Is it possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
I think the 5mm (a bit over 3/16") of movement of the paving block would be uncomfortable to walk on and may be a tripping hazard and would likely result in litigation here in the US.

mcclary's electrical

I think the 5mm (a bit over 3/16") of movement of the paving block would be uncomfortable to walk on and may be a tripping hazard and would likely result in litigation here in the US.

I agree, it could possibly generate small amounts of electricity that would most likely never render a ROI. If there were a mile of that sidewalk, and a mile of a normal sidewalk, sad to say I feel as though people would avoid this area. There's been similar experiments towards roadways, the problem is, there's no such thing as free energy. A car on a roadway generating electricity would get less gas mileage

broadgage

Agree, it would work but the power generated would be extremely limited and probably never repay the cost.
Walking any distance on these slabs would be like walking up a slight gradient, and more tireing than walking on a flat and firm surface.

I also doubt how well it would stand up to vehicle traffic, remember that most footways do see the odd vehicle including powered wheelchairs, street cleaning machines, and contractors or utility repair trucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.