Relay sockets

Status
Not open for further replies.

puckman

After a long time trying to locate cube 3pole relays 11 pin blade sockets we found them. We went to replace them and the sockets were some type of intergrated type circuit board with 11 terminals. There were no wires or connection to anyother board . Has anyone come accross this before ? These socket boards are out of a control cabinet made by a company call Autocon.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
If they are in some sort of water pump / filtration / SCADA control panel from the old Autocon company, they were bought out several times and are now part of Siemens Water Technologies (via their purchase of US Filter a few years ago). I don't know if SWT still supports old Autocon parts however, but it might be worth a call.

Is the issue just that you have PCB mounted 11 blade sockets? Those are relatively common.

dicklaxt

Another thought,,,,,,some if not many relays are interchangeable with other manufactures sockets, if not then you need to go find an adfaptor if available or put in new sockets.

Will your relays plug in to these existing sockets if so you might look at this site(its a place to start) and get the pin out on the relays and socket picture or meter them out.

Page down and take a look at "Plug-in/Panel Mount General Purpose Relays."

http://relays.tycoelectronics.com/pnb.asp

good luck, dick

Last edited:

puckman

great help guys, thanks.

I found sockets that fit the td relays but have no idea about the autocon sockets if they can just be replace with a simple 11 pin blade socket.

Do you think they can be mixed new and old sockets ? Or replaced all with new ?

dicklaxt

The sockets are just to facilitate mounting of the relays quickly and have the ability to change out a faulty relay without removing any wiring(just make sure the circuits are dead:grin:).

Mixing of relays and sockets can be mixed ,are they mounted on a DIN rail or secured individualy to the backpan? If they are mounted to a DIN rail then you need to make sure the new sockets will match up strickly for mounting purposes of socket to rail.

If the coil voltage is DC make sure your new relays have a built in suppression diode or you will need to add them externally.

dick

puckman

Thanks again for the help. My concern was mixing of the pcb sockets with standard type socket. Just have no idea why pcb socket . The sockets are on a din rail.

Found swt on the on the internet will call and try to locate some spare parts tomarrow.

dicklaxt

The only problem I can see is possible mixing or closeness of voltages in the panduit or wire duct.The spec ought to cover that,,,,,,,sounds like a plan is underway.

dick

Status
Not open for further replies.