Wireless relay control

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianMuir

Hi, I'm fishing for specific product advice on this one, hopefully that is ok.

At the last minute I had this requirement dropped into my municipal project, which involves new construction adjacent to a ferry unload. There is a midblock crosswalk and the ferry corporation decided that it wants to see a pedestrian signal at that location, and have ability to lock the signal in the "don't walk" position from their control booth. When the release their switch the signal goes back to showing the walking man. (roadway only used for ferry traffic).

Running a wire from the intersection location to the control booth is quite problematic so I've been looking at radio links. I've found at least one product that will work, 900MHz but it has eight I/O and all I need is one. Price seems excessive. Just tracked down another, at 26.996Mhz which seems more appropriate but I'm hesitant to specify it based on a web page alone.

thanks

BrianMuir

Further to this, I think I need two way system (one I/O each way) so that I can provide visual confirmation within the control booth that the signal is in the don't walk state.

dbuckley

I have a suspicion that your customer wants this to be a reliable system, so choosing a link that uses the 209MHz model control frequencies that anyone might use (accidentally or deliberate) seems a bit..... looking for right word.... unsuitable.

I'd have thought 900MHz (though probably less so) would also be risky for the same reasons...

Status
Not open for further replies.