Insulation selection for heaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

11Haze29

Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Wiring and industrial control cabinet for a plastic extruder. The extruder has electric heaters. The inside of the cabinet is room temp, but the termination at the heater element could be higher because of the radiated heat. I don't think THHN or 90C cable would be the right choice. Is there a 150 or 200C cable in 14-10 awg that is readily available?
thanks

Volta

Wiring and industrial control cabinet for a plastic extruder. The extruder has electric heaters. The inside of the cabinet is room temp, but the termination at the heater element could be higher because of the radiated heat. I don't think THHN or 90C cable would be the right choice. Is there a 150 or 200C cable in 14-10 awg that is readily available?
thanks

I've occasionally found high-temp wire at restaurant equipment supply shops that the electrical wholesalers didn't stock.

dicklaxt

I assume you are not speaking of process heaters, are you?

The low wattage strip heaters used in cabinets to keep humidity and condensation at bay are usually not over the standard 120 volt,90C wire requirements unless you have gotten something special.

dick

Status
Not open for further replies.