Round Wiremold Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwirehouses

I ran into a round wiremold box that is a junction on the way to a cieling fan. The new fan only operates by remote control. I would like to put a switch in this box if I could. Is there a way to mount a switch in a junction box? Changing it to a switch box would make the wiremold to short, unless the switch was mounted sideways. I'd rather not do this, but its a last resort. Can I mount an upright toggle switch in a round box?

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Have you scoured the Wiremold catalog well?

How about a round or octagon extension box with a cover-mounted switch in it? Ugly, but functional.

kwired

Electron manager
change to a 2 gang wiremold box. If fan is to have a light kit you can switch it separately, or you can install one switch and have other side blanked or possibly install a receptacle

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I do not know of a way to mount a switch to a round wire mold box.

I found an interesting web site but I don't think you can mount the switch to the round box. Check this out.

!Bm)iHuw!2k~$(KGrHqQH-CIEtpvKevb0BLg1Rrtptg~~_35.JPG
!Bv,ZGFQEGk~$(KGrHqF,!h0Ev1+0E1CFBMEcP13kOg~~_12.JPG

Last edited:

iwirehouses

Wow, a two gang box is a great idea. I can't believe I didn't think of that. And its possible to paint a mudring black and put a single gang switch there, but I like the idea of a switch and outlet better. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.