afci problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadpoint

Other details came out!

He can read it in the Fan, and the maybe in the device, it could be like the dimmer which trickles on the bond, not unlike other dimmers that have been identified here before.

They did say that theres' two circuit in fan box, well my only experience with the AFCI is to keep everything dedicated may I even say isloated to the circuit it services. The combination of the trickle on the bond can just be enough. I've even stopped and explained to commeerical crews the importance of this is not your standard install. It did help yes, cause a nail as I started before was my only problem!

They didn't say anything about what I said. It would be my first thoughts and maybe even a routine to do things with AFCI's involved.

With AFCI's problems it will cause one to bring out all the available problem solving technic's.

It seems they have isolated their perticular problem...

ELA

Occupation
Electrical Test Engineer
What brand of AFCI breaker? Does it have indicator lights to distinguish between the fault types?

If not you could try installing a GFCI temporarily to see if it is a ground fault as opposed to an Arc.

Other things to try to help understand situation.
With ground disconnected measure voltage between fan case and ground conductor (when fan is on).

arits74

Occupation
working owner electrician
Other details came out!

He can read it in the Fan, and the maybe in the device, it could be like the dimmer which trickles on the bond, not unlike other dimmers that have been identified here before.

They did say that theres' two circuit in fan box, well my only experience with the AFCI is to keep everything dedicated may I even say isloated to the circuit it services. The combination of the trickle on the bond can just be enough. I've even stopped and explained to commeerical crews the importance of this is not your standard install. It did help yes, cause a nail as I started before was my only problem!

They didn't say anything about what I said. It would be my first thoughts and maybe even a routine to do things with AFCI's involved.

With AFCI's problems it will cause one to bring out all the available problem solving technic's.

It seems they have isolated their perticular problem...
theres only one circuit in the fan box,i said i was having this problem in 2 different locations with 2 different circuits with 2 different fans

macmikeman

theres only one circuit in the fan box,i said i was having this problem in 2 different locations with 2 different circuits with 2 different fans

As I said, don't forget to send your bill... Myself, I am no longer going to provide free beta testing and troubleshooting assistance for the arc-fault makers. I have arc problems- I ring for grounds, switched neuts, and meg the circuit. After that is done, and the problem is not my work, the $ ticker starts. Homeowner starts bitchin, I give the inspectors phone number, and state "Get me a written exemption and I'll fix the problem with a regular breaker" , otherwise you are paying me to solve this problem for you.

kwired

Electron manager
As I said, don't forget to send your bill... Myself, I am no longer going to provide free beta testing and troubleshooting assistance for the arc-fault makers. I have arc problems- I ring for grounds, switched neuts, and meg the circuit. After that is done, and the problem is not my work, the $ ticker starts. Homeowner starts bitchin, I give the inspectors phone number, and state "Get me a written exemption and I'll fix the problem with a regular breaker" , otherwise you are paying me to solve this problem for you.

If your customer provided the equipment causing the problem I may see your point.

If you sold the equipment that is causing the problem to the customer then it is your problem to get things working correctly.

The problem may not be the arc fault breaker but in fact is the fans in the OP.

Of all the posts in this thread nobody wants to suggest doing something about the problem with the fans - that appears to be where the problem is.

Status
Not open for further replies.