Service or feeder rating of NM 2-3 on NEC 310.60

Status
Not open for further replies.

yellow1342

Hi new here, working on my Solar installation at my own house.

it's 40 years old house, underground feed, 100A with breaker/combo meter then connect to sub panel with I think #2 3 w/ground wrapped Aluminum.

If I can upgrade to NM 2-3 copper Romex but include all type THHN, THHW #2copper all has 95 amp rating but according NEC 310.60 feeder type copper #2 has 125 amp.

my question is it correct to use Romex 2-3 to replace my Aluminum 2-3? obviously it's better, but how would I convinence Elec inspector that it's good for 100 amp? because 310.60 does not list NM type wire.

Thanks a lot
Philip

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum?s rules. This Forum is intended to assist professional electricians, inspectors, engineers, and other members of the electrical industry in the performance of their job-related tasks. Although your member profile states that you are a member of this industry or of a related industry, your question makes it appear as though you are planning to perform electrical work at your own home, and your profile tells me that you are not an electrician. We are not permitted to provide ?how-to? assistance to a ?do-it-yourself? person.

Welcome to the Forum, but please limit your involvement to job-related issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.