water pipe over panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetlag

There is a pvc cold water line running across the top plate on a basement wall. directly below that is where i wanted to install the panel box . It is my own house and I really hate to do that, If pipes burst would run down in top of box. I can move over 3 ft and get directly out from under behind the door when it swings open and box still probably get wet it pipe breaks. Is there any thing in code about the door or pipe. Any suggestion if this were your own house

jetlag

thanks jim

thanks jim

110.26 move the pipe

I had a little typo in my post, The panel wont be behind the door unless I try to move out from under the pipe, 110.26 is a long section, best I can tell the pipe is not in the panel dedicated space , The panel would be surface mount on a masonry wall and the pipe is up on the top of the 10 ft high wall and back 6 " from the inside face of the wall. I just hate for the box to be there. This happened because the poco doesnt want to hit the house on the end I had planned. Oh well its easier to move the pipe than loose sleep over it

mcclary's electrical

I had a little typo in my post, The panel wont be behind the door unless I try to move out from under the pipe, 110.26 is a long section, best I can tell the pipe is not in the panel dedicated space , The panel would be surface mount on a masonry wall and the pipe is up on the top of the 10 ft high wall and back 6 " from the inside face of the wall. I just hate for the box to be there. This happened because the poco doesnt want to hit the house on the end I had planned. Oh well its easier to move the pipe than loose sleep over it

If your panel is surface mount, then you pipe is not in the dedicated electrical space.By code, youre fine. YOu are allowed to mount it there, and if you're actully concerned about it, put in an outdoor panel

Jim W in Tampa

Then you have no violation if the pipe is behind it. What you might want to do is put some of that insulation around the pipe like AC people do on there freon lines but not required.
Leaks are not that likely.

jetlag

Thanks jim

Thanks jim

Then you have no violation if the pipe is behind it. What you might want to do is put some of that insulation around the pipe like AC people do on there freon lines but not required.
Leaks are not that likely.

That pipe is allready insulated because that area will be unfinished and unheated space for a while . Actually is is the garage. where the water suppy enters the house. It has to have fire rated rock in ceiling because there is living space above so its doubtful water would get in box anyway

Jim W in Tampa

That pipe is allready insulated because that area will be unfinished and unheated space for a while . Actually is is the garage. where the water suppy enters the house. It has to have fire rated rock in ceiling because there is living space above so its doubtful water would get in box anyway

Sounds like your good to go. Hope you worked out good deal for payment.

Status
Not open for further replies.