Al Hildenbrand's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Is anyone having trouble viewing page 2 of Al's thread on three service disconnects. I click page 2 and get page 1. There are some posts on that page.

al hildenbrand

Occupation
Electrical Contractor, Electrical Consultant, Electrical Engineer
Yup. I've been clicking on page 3 and landing on page 2.

Something weird's afoot . . .

al hildenbrand

Occupation
Electrical Contractor, Electrical Consultant, Electrical Engineer
When I link in on the thread, (3 disconnects), at the top right of the page is the page indicator. Mine shows three pages and putting the cursor over the 3 of page three opens a little dialoge box that says there are 22 posts.

hurk27

It happens to me all the time, the thread list will show another page but I can't go to it, but if I hit the post button I can scroll down and read the post or if anyone makes one more post it will then be available, this has been going on for months, I made a post about it along time ago.:confused:

Last edited:

hurk27

I can't view Page 3 in this thread: http://forums.mikeholt.com/showthread.php?t=127256, Page 2 comes up.

That's because there is no page #3 :)

Actually there is a page 4, but it is the same problem, and if you click on "post a reply" and scroll down you will see this post at the top, which is the last post made but the first post on page 4, very good example of this problem, and the only thing that fixes it will be when someone makes another post.

here is the last post in that thread you cant see:

76nemo Quote:
Originally Posted by hurk27
How high

Saw a demonstration of a very sensitive $25k unit with full HD digital video capture that would trace circuits in a house that was cooled down a few degrees, they just loaded the circuits down a little and you could follow the K&T wire in the wall just like the wall was open, splices and all. Amazing.
Would be great for analyzing a K&T rewire job, but would take a few to pay for itself.

C'mon Wayne, don't leave us hanging What camera was being used????

And I'm still trying to find out what the manufacture of the camera was so I never responded to it lol.

Last edited:

hurk27

any time you see another page but when you click on it it takes you to a page number one less then just click on "
reply.gif
" button and scroll down till you see the last post, at least you can read it, just can't quote it from there in a normal fashion, but you can copy and paste it into a quote. just as I did that one here.

Last edited:

iwire

Staff member
That's because there is no page #3 :)

Now that depends on your settings, the default setting is 10 posts per page but that can be changed. I have my settings at 40 posts per page.

So a 51 post thread is 2 pages for me or 5 pages if your setting is 10.

I suggest those having troubles change the settings to 40.

iwire

Staff member
I was thinking about this some more and occasionally I will have the problem with my Blackberry.

I wonder if it has to do with our individual security settings on our PCs orBlackberrys (or MACs for you freaks ;)) I imagine cookies are heavily by the forum so you need to make sure you are allowing them.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
This was the first time I ever notice this. That doesn't mean it never happens but I have never witness this phenomena.

wptski

Now that depends on your settings, the default setting is 10 posts per page but that can be changed. I have my settings at 40 posts per page.

So a 51 post thread is 2 pages for me or 5 pages if your setting is 10.

I suggest those having troubles change the settings to 40.
Changing from default to 40 fixed it. What's odd was that the last post was by "76nemo", if I search his latest posts, that one on page four would come up and if I clicked on it, only page three would come up again! I would be trying to open up a certain post not a page then.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.