RRP delayed until October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mulrooney

Be aware there is an exclusion that does not require you to work under this rule if you are disturbing less than 6 sq feet per room (with or without lead). Most electrical work doesn't require this much disturbance. We still wear respirators but don't do all the containment under 6 sq feet.

mcclary's electrical

I'm confused. Congress voted 60 something to 30 something that they cannot fine anybody for at least a year, now, this article says OCT, without so much as a mention of the year suspension by congress.

mcclary's electrical

Be aware there is an exclusion that does not require you to work under this rule if you are disturbing less than 6 sq feet per room (with or without lead). Most electrical work doesn't require this much disturbance. We still wear respirators but don't do all the containment under 6 sq feet.

I agree, a painter that has to sand or paint a room is definately in for it, but we will not always be in for it. I,,,,,for one,,,,am using an approach that is certainly debatable and will most likely be challenged here:

If I cut out a 1' by 1' "hole",,,,,,,I am not going to count that as 1 sq ft. I did not disturb all the paint in the middle of that "hole"

I only "disturbed" the 1/16" path X48" long. Crunch the numbers that way, and I won't be worrying about this rule much anyway.

Let the beatings begin:roll:

nhfire77

While we are on the subject??

While we are on the subject??

I do very little resi and very little commercial that's old enough to have lead.

If I am a one man shop, and I am disturbing less than 6', do I need have the certification??)

al hildenbrand

Occupation
Electrical Contractor, Electrical Consultant, Electrical Engineer
If I cut out a 1' by 1' "hole",,,,,,,I am not going to count that as 1 sq ft. I did not disturb all the paint in the middle of that "hole"

I only "disturbed" the 1/16" path X48" long. Crunch the numbers that way, and I won't be worrying about this rule much anyway.

Let the beatings begin:roll:
HEH ! !

I tried a similar logic game with my Certification Instructor.

The real issue will be in camera when little Suzy comes back from the doctor with elevated lead blood levels, and you are drug into court. Think your lawyer can "sell" that logic, that the interior of that 1' x 1' section of wall that you removed was, in fact, "undisturbed"?

electricmanscott

True but if there is other work being done the amount disturbed is the total amount everybody is disturbing not just what you are working on.

billsnuff

iowa

iowa

(1) A certified lead abatement contractor, a certified lead abatement worker, or a certified lead-safe
renovator must be on site during all worksite preparation and during the cleanup of work areas. At all
other times when renovation is being conducted, a certified lead abatement contractor, a certified lead
abatement worker, or a certified lead-safe renovator shall be on site or available by telephone, pager, or
answering service and be able to be present at the worksite in no more than two hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.