Husband vs Wife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry boys, but I'm not whipped, and going on 30 years happily married.

Good marriages are a team effort. I'm the head of my house, but I check with my wife about major decisions, and we make them together.

As to the OP: I think I'd do as the customer in front of me requested, since they're the one I'll be getting my check from before I drive away.

Last edited:

yanici

Occupation
Old Retired Master/Journeyman Electrician
The way it seems is that the first 25 years of the marriage belong to the husband. After that it's over. You will just say, "Yes dear."

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
Yeah good luck with that. "If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy".:grin:

I am whipped and man enough to admit it.;)

No true'r words! My boss's wife wanted a new intercom system in their house, and asked me if he would let her do it. I told her she could do like we do in the field, "It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission!" She liked that idea, so I got to put in a new intercom system. My boss pulled me aside out of earshot of her and quietly told me "Miss..... doesn't know it but she's on a budget!:) I told him yeah, right, you married her before you became a millionaire, and you probably don't have a prenup!:D

cowboyjwc

Staff member
Sorry boys, but I'm not whipped, and going on 30 years happily married.

Good marriages are a team effort. I'm the head of my house, but I check with my wife about major decisions, and we make them together.

Jimmy Stewat once said "when we got married my wife and I decided that she would handle all the small decisions and I would handle all the big ones. So far they've all been small ones.":grin:

Well sir, I guess I may be both....or an Alpha male, 'cuz I'm on my third wife! I tolerate no crap

That says a lot right there.;) 28 years for me.

readydave8

re member
Occupation
electrician
Jimmy Stewat once said "when we got married my wife and I decided that she would handle all the small decisions and I would handle all the big ones. So far they've all been small ones.":grin:

That says a lot right there.;) 28 years for me.

I'm the boss in my house, and I have my wife's permission to say so.

35 years.

dmagyar

I get asked only a few times to do something

I get asked only a few times to do something

I don't know if it's the same with other forum members but doing things electrical around the house sometimes get lost in the day to day stuff of running a business.

My wife has a direct route to get my attention, she just askes me to do something of an electrical nature a couple of times around the house. Then she'll get the yellow pages out, that gets my attention, I seriously doubt that she's bluffing and I could never live it down having another ECs' truck in front of the house.

Don't get me wrong there's plenty of changes that have been incorporated into our house over the past 13 years, but sometimes that works against me as any new improvement doesn't have the cost factor to mount an argument against.

mtfallsmikey

Been single for over a year now.

I bought myself a custom Harley Low Rider a few weeks ago to reward myself. :D

Men marry women and don't want them to change.
Women marry men and hope they can change them.
Good for you , kind sir!
Now keep on rewarding yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.