ever wonder

Status
Not open for further replies.

cschmid

Have you noticed that this site has grown to almost 60,000 (56,591) people..that is amazing and to think they are here for help from other members I think Mike Holt actually deserves a that a boy award or something. Thanks Mike

Nothing else needed..But a continuity check.

eric7379

Atta boy, Mike Holt!
:)

I agree. He deserves recognition for his efforts.

ya the stealth members:roll:

I hope I'm not labeled as a "stealth" member!

I hardly ever post, but for good reason. I work midnights, and I don't have time when I am at home to spend time on the computer. So, when I am at lunch or on break at work, I check out the forum. This might be anywhere from 10PM to 6AM, CST. If there are any new threads that were started the day before, or within the past few days, chances are high that there are already several, if not dozens, of replies by the time I even read the thread. Unless there is something new that I can add, there is no point in posting a reply when the OP has probably already had their question answered several times over. JMHO

hurk27

I agree. He deserves recognition for his efforts.

I hope I'm not labeled as a "stealth" member!

I hardly ever post, but for good reason. I work midnights, and I don't have time when I am at home to spend time on the computer. So, when I am at lunch or on break at work, I check out the forum. This might be anywhere from 10PM to 6AM, CST. If there are any new threads that were started the day before, or within the past few days, chances are high that there are already several, if not dozens, of replies by the time I even read the thread. Unless there is something new that I can add, there is no point in posting a reply when the OP has probably already had their question answered several times over. JMHO

Nope you have >0 posts:D
No reason to explain, there is no requirement to post, many just sit back and read.;)

My dad use to tell me all the time, shut mouth and listen, well the same can be said here to , read and adsorb as much as you want, but anytime you see something you don't understand, feel free to jump in and ask questions, some of the best minds in the industry can be found here, and some of the stubbornest too:roll:

But for the most part, its a great place to learn.;)

Believe it or not, I've been on this board since about the beginning somewhere around 1997 or was it 1999 I think:confused:<<< (OFS) Old fart syndrome

Last edited:

Split Bolt

I sat on the sidelines for a long time. (albeit unregistered) Even if you are just following other people's threads, you can still get education and entertainment! It's like taking the bus every day, even if you have a license & car. Besides, as the old saying goes, "If you've got nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all!:D
I think this forum is GREAT!:)

kwired

Electron manager
I probably read this forum for two years before even registering - just being registered allows you to view attachments and other things you can't do if not registered.

As far as posting information - you better not state something that you are not fairly confident about the accuracy or some of the members are all over you - but they do it in a friendly way, can not always say that about some of the other forums I have been to.

I applaud the moderators of this site for keeping it clean and fair to all, I have seen some pretty bad bullying on other sites, it may be all in fun but is rediculous to read through all that crap at times to try to find what you are really looking for.

M. D.

I am the last of eight kids ,..I had to make an argument for getting potatoes at supper time... I love kicking it around.... Though I do take breaks from even reading the site.

Jim W in Tampa

I probably read this forum for two years before even registering - just being registered allows you to view attachments and other things you can't do if not registered.

As far as posting information - you better not state something that you are not fairly confident about the accuracy or some of the members are all over you - but they do it in a friendly way, can not always say that about some of the other forums I have been to.

I applaud the moderators of this site for keeping it clean and fair to all, I have seen some pretty bad bullying on other sites, it may be all in fun but is rediculous to read through all that crap at times to try to find what you are really looking for.

Nothing wrong in correcting each other if they are reading something wrong. We mostly agree on things but do sometimes hit a brick wall. It is sad that so few post so seldom.

billsnuff

LogoAttaBoy.gif

:cool:

At times I am in awe of the knowledge of some of the members, so I listen and learn. Other times, by the time I ready to post, I'm two pages late.

I just participate when I feel I can contribute.

Thanks for the forum Mike & Co.

Last edited:

newinspector1

I would like to say thanks to everyone on this site. I learn something almost every time I visit the site. I don't post much b/c like others have said by the time I get the answer it has already been posted. (that is a good thing)

Status
Not open for further replies.