How so you schedule your employees jobs for the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmithBuilt

I'm trying to figure out a good method for daily work orders. Is there a program that you can layout the next days work including time and materials allotted per job ?

I know I could use a word processor, but would like a better method.

When we had bigger jobs this was not an issue. But these small jobs are driving me crazy trying to keep things ordered in time and billing also.

I assume most shops printout a work order everyday?

Looking for any good ideas. Thanks, Tim

cadpoint

Why won't U just run your estimating software like a check list?

Seems kinda odd to me, but it really depends on how your company might be structured. I'm sure it's not manpower problems but what the manpower is required to complete, maybe?

It just seems like endless possibilities, with all the characters involved... :grin:

cadpoint

You know as much as I like this place, this is one of those questions that don't get answered because there is real/true business involved... :confused::):roll:

Denis

surprises

surprises

keep everyone guessing as to what they will do tomorrow, and give only a few clues

at morning meeting they find out what they will be doing and they should know what to load on the truck for that day

depends on the weather and road conditions

change main breaker and bad caps
which means HRC4, disconnect pad mount

repalce batteries in UPS
which means take 2 batteries and climb

recent ice storm
torch and hammer to remove ice from sensors, hopefully you don't have to climb 5 in one day

Rewire

We place daily work orders in each techs bin the have 5 slots for one for each day of the week.The warehouse manager stages material each evening for the next days work based on the computer estimate.The tech will check their order against the material and load each day.Anything removed from the truck will be noted on the truck inventory replacement sheet and the warehouse manager will see that it is restocked.

When material is removed from the warehouse the warehouse manager creates an order for replacement.

Any material not used is returned to inventory each nite.

SmithBuilt

Cad, my estimating software is me and a spreadsheet. I have tried doing an estimate in quickbooks and following the time line on the estimate but it doesn't work very well.

pton, that's pretty much the way we do things now. I'm trying to cut down on the trips and wasted time.

Truth be known I need to be more efficient with my time also.

SmithBuilt

Rewire is your computer estimate basically the daily work order? I'm realizing my estimates aren't up to par for ordering materials for a job. That's definitely something I need to work on. I've been known to change the method of doing a job drastically from the estimate to actually doing the job.

The truck inventory replacement sheet may be something we need to use. That would give me a more accurate cost of materials for each job. A lot of times the material off the truck is not billed for correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.