Outdoor "Shed" Weatherproof Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
I am required to have a prefabricated weatherproof enclosure(two possibly) to house some switchgear and transformers. They will be approximately 15'x10x10' high. Has anyone evr had to F&I something like this and if so what did you use? I reach out to my guy who fabricates all types of boxes and he is pricing something for me. It has to be vented etc. as the transfomrers will give off heat. Someone had mentioned using a cargo box but then someone else said the DOB might shut that down. THis is for a temp installation.

Thanks.

mkgrady

I have installed lots of equipment like that. I have always purched the enclosure with the switchgear and transformers from one manufacturer. You can buy these from C-H, GE, SquareD, Siemens. They would typically buy the building enclosure from someone else but take responsability for the whole package.

The other way to do it is to buy it all from what I call tin knockers. They supply the building that they make themselves and fill it with a name brand (or brands) of equipment.

Another way to do it is with outdoor rated switchgear and transformers.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
I have installed lots of equipment like that. I have always purched the enclosure with the switchgear and transformers from one manufacturer. You can buy these from C-H, GE, SquareD, Siemens. They would typically buy the building enclosure from someone else but take responsability for the whole package.

The other way to do it is to buy it all from what I call tin knockers. They supply the building that they make themselves and fill it with a name brand (or brands) of equipment.

Another way to do it is with outdoor rated switchgear and transformers.

Thanks Mkgrady... Yeah all our gear would have to Nema 4(expensive), they don't want Nema 3R. I am getting it priced both ways so I can decide what I want in the enclosure or out and what is most cost effective. They actually ask for the modular "shed" enclosure to be MEC approved. That does not make sense to me or a few others who I reached for pricing.

Status
Not open for further replies.