Labor For outdoor temp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
As some of you already know I am helping estimate a large outdoor temporary electric job. I am thinking about the labor associated with the 300 & 750 kva transformers and 2500a & 1000a switchboards. They are all gogin in about the same area but I would think the labor for unloading and getting them to the area would be a lot less then usual as the unload might be right near the area. We can go right from a truck to fork lift to slab where it is being set.

Rewire

Do you really think things will go smoothly?What if the one you need to set first is in the very back of the truck?The first one is easy because nothing is in the way but after that the area you have to work with gets smaller.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
Do you really think things will go smoothly?What if the one you need to set first is in the very back of the truck?The first one is easy because nothing is in the way but after that the area you have to work with gets smaller.

No they rarely go smoothy but easier than transortin to a basement or in an existing building....I think.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
As some of you already know I am helping estimate a large outdoor temporary electric job. I am thinking about the labor associated with the 300 & 750 kva transformers and 2500a & 1000a switchboards. They are all gogin in about the same area but I would think the labor for unloading and getting them to the area would be a lot less then usual as the unload might be right near the area. We can go right from a truck to fork lift to slab where it is being set.

Am I think about this correct. I think I can knock 25% off the labor..

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
Beau, can you show us the figures you have come to for these tasks? Experience may rule here.

I look tomorrow cause I don't remember. But just trying to remember one piece of gear I did

A 2500A MLO piece of switchgear that is goging to be about 88" wide. My switcgear guy told me it will come in two sections. So I figured each section will be unloaded from truck close(within 100') of where it will be placed(on outdoor slab that will have weatherproof enclosure built around all the gear) then fork lifted over. I figured 3 guys 1/2 a day( 7 hour days) for each section. I think that might even be heavy. I know they will have to bolt the sections together etc.:roll:

rgiraldo

Look for the neca2007.zip. Just search for it and it is a handle file. I cant tell you where to find it but its out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.