Feeder protection under manufactered home

Status
Not open for further replies.

inspector 102

What section of the NEC requires the feeders to be protected underneath a manufactered home. Can't find in 550 or would 300.37 apply. Currently have four thhn laying on the ground under the unit. Can't find proper section to refuse. Help needed, thanks

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
300.37 would not apply, since it is part of a "over 600 volt" article. However, I think you would use article 300.3(A) to declare this installation a violation. Nowhere in chapter 3 does it say that single conductors lying on the ground is an acceptable wiring method, and 300.3(A) says you can only use the methods that do appear in chapter 3.

dicklaxt

I can't imagine this being acceptable,,,,,what is the total physical scenario ie: is it a underground installation until it gets below the home or maybe from a rack mounted disconnect close to the home and then just slack looped down to grade or maybe a manufacterer's supply cord to a WP power receptacle.I don't know that the answers to any of the above would help in the search for the answer,just curious.
dick

Status
Not open for further replies.