PE exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMAO

Hi,
I am about to take the PE exam (electrical, power) in a couple of months and I was wondering if you guys know of any good source of sample problems? I already have a couple of books, NCEES, electrical and computer: Power and electrical engineering sample questions by John A Camara.
Anyone knows any other good sources?
I appreciate any info.
thanks

steve66

Occupation
Engineer
Hi,
I am about to take the PE exam (electrical, power) in a couple of months and I was wondering if you guys know of any good source of sample problems? I already have a couple of books, NCEES, electrical and computer: Power and electrical engineering sample questions by John A Camara.
I appreciate any info.
thanks

The handbook by John Camara is very good. I read as much of it as I could to prepare for the exam.

It also doubled as a very good reference book during the exam. Its biggest drawback (as a reference) is that it doesn't always list units right next to the equations.

Lady Engineer

Hi,
I appreciate any info.
thanks

I can say, I just passed mine in April. I used all the Camara books, but I would suggest a review course, because those books do not give you a guided study. The review course does plus they use the Camara's books and NCEES. I would suggest don't take the classroom study class they only do problems. I would say take the online course, because they make you learn the stuff you may have forgotten, and give you a "from the ground" teaching lesson. The classroom class, just has you solving problems. I took the classroom study class, and took it a couple of times, but took the PPI course and passed it immediately. It prepared me so much I finished the first half with 90 mins to spare, and the second half with 60 mins!

Here's the PPI course, which uses those books. I just sold all my books on Amazon, so they have a high resale value.

http://ppi2pass.com/ppi/PPIPZ

Status
Not open for further replies.