210.50 (A) cord pendants

Status
Not open for further replies.

sokkerdude

Does 210.50 (A) cord pendant drops apply in a manufacturing setting. Where there a 480 V motor drops with twist lock cord caps, would the cord connector on the cord pendant be considered a receptacle outlet? Thank you

jusme123

Occupation
JW
Does 210.50 (A) cord pendant drops apply in a manufacturing setting. Where there a 480 V motor drops with twist lock cord caps, would the cord connector on the cord pendant be considered a receptacle outlet? Thank you

Are you trying to ask if a twist lock cord connector can be used as a disconnect for a motor in an industrial setting, similar to cord and plug used as disconnect?

sokkerdude

old man confused

old man confused

I am asking if a twist lock cord connector can be used as a disconnect for a motor in an industrial setting, similar to cord and plug used as disconnect?

sokkerdude

gettiing old and confused

gettiing old and confused

I have been reading 430.109 (F). But I am confused, does a female twist lock cord cap work as a receptacle ? Can a receptacle be pendant hung? Is there any kind of further illustration any where. It's tough getting old. thank you

raider1

Staff member
I have been reading 430.109 (F). But I am confused, does a female twist lock cord cap work as a receptacle ? Can a receptacle be pendant hung? Is there any kind of further illustration any where. It's tough getting old. thank you

A cord connector (cord cap) is listed as an attachment plug in the UL whitebook and most likely will have a horsepower rating.

The UL white book has a Table giving the horsepower ratings of attachment plugs under Catagory AXUT on Page 68 of the 2010 UL whitebook.

Receptacles can be pendant hung in accordance with 314.23(H)

Chris

pfalcon

I am asking if a twist lock cord connector can be used as a disconnect for a motor in an industrial setting, similar to cord and plug used as disconnect?

Your site should consider adopting NFPA79 "Electrical Standard for Industrial Machinery". Under the OSHA general duty clause they can require your company to substantiate the standards used to install equipment.

That said, NFPA79 represents acceptable industrial machine standards.

NFPA79:2007:5.3.2 Type. The supply circuit disconnecting device shall be one of the following types:
(6) An attachment plug and receptacle (plug/socket combination) for cord connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.