Neatness revisited

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
The op was in reference to an inspector not even coming out to look at the job because he knows the kind of work being done. Like I said I look at everything maybe not with a magnifying glass but I look at everything after it is installed . " The alternative is to inspect it and pass it or fail it" that is what I do when I look at it! When a law is passed to inspect a surgeons work thats what will be done.

I have had inspectors tell me over phone it was ok to cover up rough in work before and probably will again. Believe it or not many inspectors do have work to do and can't be everywhere at once. Here they have 5 working days to perform rough in inspections after they receive the request. If they can't make it they will tell you, and you can cover things. If they happen to be able to come say seven days later and are able to inspect things that are not yet covered they can still make correction orders if necessary. They know which so called electricians usually need a lot of things changed and which real electricians usually require little or no changes at all and make sure they make it to the appointments for the first group mentioned first then go wherever necessary next. We don't have a lot of population here so the inspectors all cover literally thousands of square miles with their jurisdictions - no way they can make all apppintments in reasonable time sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.