OSHA Power Up Requirements ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadpoint

Working a Job, well that?s a little different then the usage job and how the job is put together both electricly and how their putting it together over-all!

There is no house power only construction power, were going to bring up the power mid month-plus, for lights only.

So, I?ve never heard the following before, and frankly never gave it a thought. My superintendent said that it?s an OSHA violation to make up joints at the light switch (pushing them back in) without the light switch being installed, and of course bringing power to it.
The power will be brought up without the walls painted, (I?ll assume) that?s why they need the lights to paint by (I?ll also assume).

Now there are also minimum requirements via the county for the power that will be met but this OSHA statement has me puzzled!

Any comments or observations?

Use of Lock-out/Tag-out

Use of Lock-out/Tag-out

I believe that OSHA requirements would require a LO/TO of the feeders for the light switches..............to comply with OSHA rules for safety.

jeremysterling

If you put a blank trim over the switch box, I don't see a problem.

Edit to say: the painters will more than likely remove your trim and promptly "misplace" it.

Status
Not open for further replies.