kitchen renovation bashing allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Split Bolt

Wow, I'm amazed! How do you guys know what his overhead, breakeven and desired profit is that you can quote prices to him?

Am I missing something here?

Anybody wondering the same thing?

Or am I all alone here?

The OP asked me what I think. I told the OP what I think! I don't have the time to sit here and calculate a job for someone else based on a list without a lot of information! I've got a small pile of those on my desk right now for myself. I don't know what his overhead, breakeven and desired profit are. I simply answered the question!

cdslotz

Just curious:

How many total labor hours (man hours) did you figure on?

What is your total cost of all materials (including fixtures and devices)?

That's what I'm wondering too.
It amazes me how many people come on here and want to know how much to bid when they don't even know what their costs are.
From that point, everyone will have different OH&P factors, but geesh, you have to know your costs.

flyboy

That's what I'm wondering too.
It amazes me how many people come on here and want to know how much to bid when they don't even know what their costs are.
From that point, everyone will have different OH&P factors, but geesh, you have to know your costs.

Exactly my point.

rob12013

Well here is a peace of my soul, when I did this back in April I didn't figure daycare big cost there. I'm sure there's a million things to add to this list but I thought it was a good start, I've lasted 6 months I'm going to get a LLC before a years up. I?m sure there?s no way I can work 1,340 hrs. I was dreaming I know this is a silly list but I?m learning from you guys. Thx

Overhead/costs
?work comp-$3,300.00
?liability -$450.00
?bonding-$150.00
?phone-$840.00
?truck-$1,000.00
?gas-$2,000.00
?license-$300.00
?tools-$1,000.00
?salary-&35,000.00
?total=$44,040.00
?billable hrs. 1,568 actual 1,340
$32.87

Take care
PS I figured that job at 89 hrs.

cadpoint

52 weeks x 40 hours = 2080 hours, you number seems low to me, how did you arrive at 1340? Even with two weeks of Vaction/ or in your case holidays or two weeks of vacation days; how do you arrive at that number that would put U down to 2000 hours? I also understand that your not working billable hours every working day!

You said N. Raliegh, well are you sure your out of the city of Raliegh, I read up on Wake county today, due to your statement.

I've got an engineer friend that gets raked over the coals dealing with the City of Raleigh, I doult the inspections is any different, is my point. As a matter of fact the City of Raleigh just changed their own policies for engineered drawing requirements. (I realize that you might not be working under engineered drawings).

By the Way in general no one will help you will you pricing here as you seen the answers come back, did you think an answer will pop out of the blue!

Raise your Rates is my answer!

Status
Not open for further replies.