Kitchen Counter Area receptacle

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhfire77

I know I've seen a bunch of different products for this application that are neat looking on this forum, so I have to ask

I'm doing a resi kitchen that is getting a countertop installed. I want to, add receptacle at a boxed in lally column.

Is there anything "prettier" other than a standard duplex/gfci for such an application?

See Pic, the outline on the existing wooden shelf is where the box will enclose the lally column in that hole. There is a 20" wide peninsula counter top going over that shelf.

countertopjob.jpg

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I would use a standard receptacle on the face of the column pointing toward the deep 4" sq. box, unless the customer wants something fancier and they pay for it.

The GFCI protection device can be ahead of this receptacle, and need not be in the column itself, so any acceptable receptacle design would be, well, acceptable. :)

Added: If the column effectively divides the counter area, you can always place another receptacle on the opposite face as well.

nhfire77

I would use a standard receptacle on the face of the column pointing toward the deep 4" sq. box, unless the customer wants something fancier and they pay for it.

The GFCI protection device can be ahead of this receptacle, and need not be in the column itself, so any acceptable receptacle design would be, well, acceptable. :)

Added: If the column effectively divides the counter area, you can always place another receptacle on the opposite face as well.

That's what I thought of when I saw it. I was hoping to be a little more inventive.

Status
Not open for further replies.