Need advice from a Georgia Electrical Inspector

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMC01

I am needing advice from a Georgia Inspector as to how to handle a particular situation involving another electrical contractor and the lack of grounding and bonding on a particular project. The lack of grounding and bonding has an effect on my scope of work.

jusme123

Occupation
JW
I am needing advice from a Georgia Inspector as to how to handle a particular situation involving another electrical contractor and the lack of grounding and bonding on a particular project. The lack of grounding and bonding has an effect on my scope of work.

Questions regarding licenses, tests and investigation of contractors workmanship, call the Construction Industry Licensing Board/Office of Secretary of State (office is located in Macon) at 478-207-1416. Residential Licensing: 478-207-1470

www.dca.state.ga.us/development/constructioncodes/programs/codes2.asp

growler

I am needing advice from a Georgia Inspector as to how to handle a particular situation involving another electrical contractor.

There really are no Georgia electrical inspectors. The inspectors work either for the city or county and that's all the jurisdiction they have.

If you have a problem with another contractor the first thing to do is bring the problem to the attention of the local authorities. If you can't get any satisfaction from the local authorities then you can go over their heads and contact the Georgia DCA.

jetlag

There really are no Georgia electrical inspectors. The inspectors work either for the city or county and that's all the jurisdiction they have.

If you have a problem with another contractor the first thing to do is bring the problem to the attention of the local authorities. If you can't get any satisfaction from the local authorities then you can go over their heads and contact the Georgia DCA.

Give him a break, he was refering to a county inspector from Georgia, but the state board does have investigators that inspect you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.