Old MH forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

curt swartz

Electrical Contractor - San Jose, CA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I see Don, Roger, Al H. even electricmanscott.

Its before my time. :cool:

Bob, are you serious? I'm pretty sure I remember you in the old (pre Feb 2003) forum.

It sure doesn't seem like it was over 7 years ago the everyone had to re-register for the forums.

hurk27

Actually we went through three forum changes, in the first one we had member numbers,1999-2001 (I think) the second one we changed hosting sites, 2001-2003 this was back when Danny was the forum tech on the forum, then we changed to the PHH forum and then we now have V-Bulletin, which has been modified a few times (script change).

If I remember right the first two changes we kept all the old post in a Archives forum, and I thought we did it in the 2003 change, I have noticed lately if I search from the search function at the top of the page, it will only pull up post back to 2008, but if I "Find all post by this member) from the "Public Profile" of a person it will go back to 2003, and back to 2001 for a limited few who had post back then.

I can remember all the threads that started when the changes were announced, many members would get freaked out on having to learn the forum all over again. but the wait was worth it, some features was lost that I liked, but oh well.

I can remember 09/11 on here, going through the 2002 changes on here, don't remember the 1999 change, but I do remember still using the 1996, and getting called down on not sighting which edition of the NEC I was talking about (which I still do):roll:.

the rest is all a blur:confused:

Oh ya and I almost forgot, we all lost our post counts:mad:

Last edited:

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
I hope we stay with vBulletin from here on out. The portion of the forum that continues to be used usually has a hard time reading posts from a previous software. When it changed from ultimatebb to that gawd-awful mess in March of 2006, and then to vBulletin in May of 2006, a lot of what was old was gone. I had thought that everything prior to 02/2003 was completely toast, it's good to see that some residue is still there. :)

Edit: Trip Down Memory Lane

Status
Not open for further replies.