how can ipad change your business? (service)

Status
Not open for further replies.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Before I even considered taking it into a client's home I'd ask myself if I expected it to increase sales?

That's what I'm trying to figure out; how could it increase sales? How could one use it as a sales tool? What I've come up with so far is having the ability to show the customer in more detail what we can do. Our website has some flash-based content that would be nice to take into a customers home and use it during a walkthrough. The ipad wouldn't be able to run the flash material, but the new blackberry tablet would.

The other side of the coin is increased productivity. I already see a few benefits in using a tablet device if everything is configured the way I imagine it in my head.

Doesn't it have a temperature limit, considering you are in GA?

I have no idea. I currently do not have any tablet device.

LEO2854 said:
IS that the same size as a regular blackberry?

No, it looks to be only slightly smaller than the ipad.

ptonsparky said:
I am serious about being able to read the screen in daylight. I am computerized up the wazoo (sp) and have had two laptops neither of which I can use outside without shading the screen. I use my Droid for job time but it is small and hard to see/use unless in the shaded cab of a vehicle. A larger touch screen would be great, if I can see it.

Don't know the answer to that either. I can't read my blackberry that well in sunlight, but it has a privacy screen underneath the otterbox screen protector. It seems like it was easier to read in sunlight without those installed. I wouldn't expect to be using the tablet in sunlight though. The sales pitch almost always happens inside the customers home.

electricalperson

theres a credit card terminal app for it. you have to set up a merchant account through authorize.net to use it. but you can enter in the CC number and have the customer sign it with the official apple ipad stylus that costs 15 dollars

i love my ipad. i have the 3G one so i use it when i dont have normal internet access like if im on the road or something.

only thing that sucks about it is the safari doesnt support flash so a lot of websites might not work properly

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
I wouldn't waste my time. Too expensive to leave around on a job, break, and it would send the customer the message that the price is high because you have toys. JMO.

dbuckley

A few decades ago, I was involved in providing IT to life insurance salesman. Putting a computer in the mix in the clients home increased sales.

Heres why.

Before laptops, the contention is between the customer (who wants product but not to spend money) and the salesman (who wants the customer to spend, spend, spend). The customer was thusly always suspicious of the saleman.

When computers came in, then it was the customer and the salesman ganged up against the computer. Suddenly it was the computer that was the bad guy, not the salesman; the salesman was seen as being on the customers side.

It also increased accuracy and speed of processing. It wasn't "I'll get back to you tomorrow with a quote" andy more, it was right there in front of the customer at point of sale, printed out, signed, sealed and sold.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
theres a credit card terminal app for it.

That would be nice. Right now it has to be called into the office; if all the phones are tied up its sent via BB messenger.

dbuckley said:
Heres why.

Before laptops, the contention is between the customer (who wants product but not to spend money) and the salesman (who wants the customer to spend, spend, spend). The customer was thusly always suspicious of the saleman.

When computers came in, then it was the customer and the salesman ganged up against the computer. Suddenly it was the computer that was the bad guy, not the salesman; the salesman was seen as being on the customers side.

That's the same concept we use now with the pricing guide. If the customer is unhappy about the price, its always the book's fault. And it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.