Status
Not open for further replies.

Trident

I am doing a load calculation for sizing of the new engine generator for an electronics equipment building and I need to find out where in the NEC defines 3 watts per ft? for lighting for this type of occupancy?

Thanks!

Trident

bob

Article 220. Look in the tables in the front 220.3b. It won't list an electronics equipment building .

Trident

Jr member

Jr member

Hi Bob,

I checked the 2005 NEC, Article 220 and look for the tables in the front of 220.3b and I did not see the tables as mentioned, however. The only table I found in the Article 220 was table 220.12 ? General Lighting Loads by Occupancy and none of the occupancy listed in this table is the type of occupancy that I can use for my calculation. Can you please help me out with this? Thank you for your help and time. Have a wonderful day!

Trident

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
The only table I found in the Article 220 was table 220.12 ? General Lighting Loads by Occupancy and none of the occupancy listed in this table is the type of occupancy that I can use for my calculation.
That is the only available table, and Bob did tell you it did not include your building. You have to do you best to assign a value based on a building that most closely resembles yours. I would go with "office building," and use 3.5, since I can imagine the need for a lot of lights in an electronics lab. I don't know if your building is a lab, or a data center, or a manufacturing facility, so my guess might not be the best choice.

Trident

2005 NEC, Article 220

2005 NEC, Article 220

Hi Charles,

The building is a radio transmitting facility and I will go with "office building," and use 3.5 watts/sq. foot as sugguested. Thanks for all the helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.