sec.110.14(A)

Status
Not open for further replies.

raider1

Staff member
You won't find anthing in the NEC that specifys what type of marking the terminals must have. The UL White Book states in the section on Wire Connectors and Soldering lugs (ZMVV)

"Multiple Conductors- Connectors generally accomodate a single conductor under the clamoping mechanism unless otherwise identified, such as with the number of conductors located parenthetically in front of the wire size or range. Some connectors may have a single conductor wire range as well as a second multiple conductor wire range."

Chris

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Terminals are marked from the manufacturer. For instance, the terminals on a ground bar are often labeled as suitable for 2, and sometime 3 conductors. They are labeled inside the panel covers or someplace within the enclosure. Other terminals may be marked on them or from the manufacturers specs.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Here's a photo that I snapped of a lugs listed for two conductors:

Rob%27s%20Work%20022.JPG

Capt Kirk

Thanks for the responses. I had posted this from a question I had received in preparation for a code class. I didn't find it in the code and was beginning to think that my ability to read and understand the printed word had been diminished by video games. Glad that is not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.