Electric / Phone conduits in same trench

Status
Not open for further replies.

KWH

In a underground trench electric and phone installed in pvc sharing same trench, is there a problem with interference. I have been required to maintain seperation when conductors and phone are direct buried but now they are asking for seperation when installed in conduit , is there alot of problems with this setup due to new systems/equipment. The job is commercial but not much different than a house.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
In a underground trench electric and phone installed in pvc sharing same trench, is there a problem with interference. I have been required to maintain seperation when conductors and phone are direct buried but now they are asking for seperation when installed in conduit , is there alot of problems with this setup due to new systems/equipment. The job is commercial but not much different than a house.

Who is they? Are they someone who you have to listen to?

How much separation is being asked for? And how much extra is this going to cost?

If the extra cost is minimal, I see no reason not to. Can the separation be vertical?

bullheimer

they like seperation here but dont require it. yes sep can be verticale so throw in a foot of dirt then put in the phone. btw no code req. on low voltage here either. they dont even look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.