Adding Main to CH BR Loadcenter

Status
Not open for further replies.

curt swartz

Electrical Contractor - San Jose, CA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I have a question for the Cutler-Hammer experts here. I need to add a 60 amp main breaker to an existing BR816L125 loadcenter. According to the label the retainer is a BREQS125. I have not seen the existing installation, only pictures that the GC sent me. My question is can this retainer and breaker be installed in any position or only in certain positions? Ideally I would like to install the breaker in position 2 and 4 since they are open and the feeder runs up that side of the panel. Positions 1 and 3 currently have breakers installed and the existing feeder would not reach anyway. I seldom add main breakers to panels and if I do they are usually Square D and the main mounts in place of the lugs. In the past with some manufactures the retainer kit could only be installed in 1 and 3. If I'm going to need to extend the feeder to reach a certain spot I want to make sure I have the necessary materials.

Thanks!

suemarkp

Occupation
Retired Engineer
I'm pretty sure you'll have at least 2 locations to choose from and perhaps 4. It is going to have to be top or bottom of the bus, but not sure if they have a hole in all 4 corners to take the screw for the retainer or not.

curt swartz

Electrical Contractor - San Jose, CA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor

ceb58

The clip fits on the side of the buss and snaps in below and in between the tangs for the back of the breaker. The screw is inserted in the middle of the breaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.