Something besides QB

Status
Not open for further replies.
NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
Some months ago we had a problem with pricing of items not being correct. Talked us into upgrading to Enterprise from Contracotrs Edition. $$$$. We have just fought with the networking, not neccessarily all QB, and pricing.

Couple days ago I notice an extremely high billing. We are almost always T&M. Fifteen cent items being billed for $64. Items list had correct pricing. Rebuilt data. Office help noticed another item as she entered it in at $100 over. Item list is correct. Rebuild data. Call QB help. Rebuild data & defrag drive. This tech says you don't need Enterprise edition, start new company and go back to cheaper product after 1st of year. :mad:

Tiger Electrical

I don't mind if a vendor is profitable if their product and customer service are good. I decided a little over a year ago not to do business with Intuit software any more. I wish I could help you. I created my own spreadsheet and multiple bank sheet which has been working well.

MJW

I have been looking since they decided to force me to upgrade every three years. Unfortunately everyone I talk to says that QB is the best available for now. I have sent them several emails requesting that they fix the quirks in the program and quit bombarding me with marketing to sell me checks and merchant services. No luck with that one.

I never want to see a company fail but if someone new came along and put a hurt on them I wouldn't shed any tears. Kind of the way I felt when blockbuster hit financial troubles after screwing everyone around when they were the only game in town.

Sorry I didn't answer your question but I feel much better after unloading.

sparky=t

Some months ago we had a problem with pricing of items not being correct. Talked us into upgrading to Enterprise from Contracotrs Edition. $$$$. We have just fought with the networking, not neccessarily all QB, and pricing.

Couple days ago I notice an extremely high billing. We are almost always T&M. Fifteen cent items being billed for $64. Items list had correct pricing. Rebuilt data. Office help noticed another item as she entered it in at $100 over. Item list is correct. Rebuild data. Call QB help. Rebuild data & defrag drive. This tech says you don't need Enterprise edition, start new company and go back to cheaper product after 1st of year. :mad:

demand a credit, i use quick books pro, never tried to itemize or set up their stuff, use estimated and invoice on percentage, my books run there also,for t&m I use jaffe software and thenjust import as construction income and expense costs out.

macmikeman

It is the nature of databases. Corrupt data will eventually sneak into them most of the time. Whether it be by the creation of orphan records or just plain bad design work it happens. The larger and longer you have it the higher the percentile of bad data. This doesn't help the original poster with his problem I know, but I posted it to try to help you understand that it is not limited to Intuit. Possibly breaking your records up into smaller individual DB's is what might work. Good luck.

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
Most likely data corruption as Macmikeman has stated. I am not against pointing fingers if warranted and a "PAY ATTENTION" has been given. Good typists do not need to look at the screen to see what they have entered. They know. We enter item code & quantity only, software does the rest. I just happened to think +$11000 was a bit high for this project. $5000 was closer.

nhfire77

We updated to QuickBooks Enterprise a few months ago. Pay for the suppoprt and the whole nine yards. Tired of fighting and am ready to trade it for something else. Any suggestions?

I have been there. '09 taxes = line by line self auditing my business credit card and checking accounts because QB corrupted on me. (I have less hair now, and my age/genetics are not a factor this time)

I wish there was an alternative. I've heard of peach tree, but it seems like its the dodo of accounting software

Status
Not open for further replies.